anyone trying shorts??

Up here at 845 ES....S&P is holding back this rally today...where the HECK is my plus or (hopefully) minus 8 - 10 range? has everyone gone to 24 hour trading???
I have 890.50 as s4 / and also the 618 of my projected move
Then I'm buying 6000 ES at market on simulator/demo right here at market Red ;-)
LOL !! :)
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Then I'm buying 6000 ES at market on simulator/demo right here at market Red ;-)

You sold @ the 892.50 from the move up off 890.50 right

wow!!! 892.50 - 890.50 = 2 x $50 = $100 x 6000 =
we know a few basic truths coming in to Thursday

1) they will try and break the range of the previous days RTH high or low

2) They will try and break the range of the combined first two days of a trading week

3) we have a high volume ( volume spike) that created single prints in the 902 - 904 area

4) we have a volume spike from Tuesday in the 89 - 91 area that the day session on Wednesday and the overnight is respecting so far

5) we have an overnight ledge at 91.75.....( market is currently up at 95.75

6) Thursday is a good day to close gaps from the previous day

7) we know we have a weak top at yesterdays highs...the double prints......so if we can get beyond the 902 area then that needs to be an objective as it is also the combined two day range high

I'm still for downside, hence the real reason I babble in this thread. Good luck today.

It seems to me that over time it's really all about volume...the market will go to the big volume spikes...those folks are the ones that really can move the market....attractors....everything else is just "window dressing"

at the 95 - 96 price we are equidistant from the combined range high and low......in other words the 50% mark but we are closer to Wednedays RTH low then it's high.....more evidence for the downside break I think
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

You sold @ the 892.50 from the move up off 890.50 right

wow!!! 892.50 - 890.50 = 2 x $50 = $100 x 6000 =

Actually, booked all at 897.25 this morn' ... now I gotta figure out how to spend Monopoly Money, ha!
Volume @ Price Chart site ... don't know how useful this might be, but may be worth looking at: http://www.chart-ex.com/chartex.htm
trying from the 901.25...first target is 96....
was long NQ's at 1412 right after the open, exited on the spike and got long (for scalps) several times bec. mkt seemed strong ... NQ's are a double edged sword of whippiness in the first 15-30 mins of trading ... and I got cut both ways ... showing New Home Sales for April at 10am Eastern ... waiting for that, then will see what the ES gives us
Just about perfect - perfectly wrong that is!