anyone trying shorts??

Up here at 845 ES....S&P is holding back this rally today...where the HECK is my plus or (hopefully) minus 8 - 10 range? has everyone gone to 24 hour trading???
The basic ideas I use once the day session is open can be found here..
http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1337&SearchTerms=pitbull,three

I don't use fisher stuff....the 21.50 was slightly above a swing low point in the overnight so that was a good target....once we opened we had the minus 4 - 5.5 zone near there

I had a downside bias because of the "p" profile I follow as per market profile over the last few days. I was also expecting a "high to low " day because we were overdue..I had the 925 because I like to watch key numbers in increments of 25...925, 950, 900...I was taught that option players key off of those...I can't confirm that but overtime it seeme to work. I hope that helps

Bruce

quote:
Originally posted by JMR

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

thanks Red..I got the 25.50 and the 27.25....I don't like overnight usually....will try for 21.50 to tighten up

Hello, Bruce.

I was watching pre-market ES and casually reading new posts this morning. I registered as a member here to ask you if you wouldn't mind divulging how you profiled 921.50 if you don't necessarily pay attention to overnight trading, and at that point an opening range and thus a bias hadn't been established. I'ld be interested in learning more of the zones you referenced and traded without an RTH bias or overnight reading, if you care to share.

Per chance do you use a variation of Mark Fisher's rolling pivots or somesuch?

Thanks in advance,

JMR

one last thing while I'm looking over my notes.....we had an R2 at 926 today......over the years I've noticed that the powers that be will often run out key pivot numbers by 2 - 5 points as if to shake out the week money....and then run it back.....for me I was prepared to add to this short in the day session if they ran out the overnight high.....I really don't like the overnight in general though....And I need my sleep....
I have checked the IP address of this new poster "JMR" and "SPQR". They are the same. It's time to say good bye. I always knew he/she was jealous and a non trader but this is ridiculous.....I will keep my responses to JMR as they may help somebody. Some of these folks are just absolutely freakin crazy and just love pain....they have some strange motivations.......
Hey old friend...hope all is well. Sorta been locked up in Kools room but wanted to check in. I see your the same Bruce...hoggin' all the coin! Nothing like an ending diagonal to ruin the party. Thats ok, they starting this party back up in no time. I'll check-in more often...and let me know if you need someone to officiate your indian wrestling match you have going on
Hi Vo...this stuff keeps me young..I gotta get to Kools room......I scan the recaps and as usual you guys and gals are giving away all the great ideas for free......nice to see that...looks like a great bunch....thanks for checking in

This wrestling match is ending soon but every 6 months or so somebody else comes along to make things "interesting" for a short time....they never change....we'll keep at them...
quote:
Originally posted by VOwater

Hey old friend...hope all is well. Sorta been locked up in Kools room but wanted to check in. I see your the same Bruce...hoggin' all the coin! Nothing like an ending diagonal to ruin the party. Thats ok, they starting this party back up in no time. I'll check-in more often...and let me know if you need someone to officiate your indian wrestling match you have going on

915 - 917.50 is the key zone I'm watching in RTH...that was biggest volume surge to start the down move on Thursday.....second to that is 925....other volume point is 908 so a failure up here will be attracted to 908
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

915 - 917.50 is the key zone I'm watching in RTH...that was biggest volume surge to start the down move on Thursday.....second to that is 925....other volume point is 908 so a failure up here will be attracted to 908

You think we will try to take out that so9 @ 931.00 we got next to
it yesterday...I guss 8:30am edt news will have some to do with it
not sure Red..I'll be watching the open print and the window as usual...we know that Inside days only form about 10 - 12% of the time so when price is at 915 we are fairly close to the midpoint of yesterday....what I'm basically saying is that it can go either way to break the range from yesterday....i'm still partial to the short side though....I think the smart money is trying to get short up here based on the profile....but I thought I was trading with the "smart" money many times before just to end up being part of the DUMB money..I hope your part of the smart money today
strong high volume push into plus 4 - 5.5 to take out overnight...so short is my direction.......$ticks very strong will make this hard...AIR sits down at 918...filled at 22.75
correction "air" is at 19.75...
Just about perfect - perfectly wrong that is!