Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Presume you are referring to August 4th Buy Day Low

Today Buy Day, dax dropped in the first hour to 5250, providing a classic buy setup worth over 10-15pts, same on Ftse.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Presume you are referring to August 4th Buy Day Low

Today Buy Day, dax dropped in the first hour to 5250, providing a classic buy setup worth over 10-15pts, same on Ftse.

I was refering to the 08/07 Buy day low on the globex session (24hr)
SS day, premarket sell off on ES from projected level of 1015

Richbois, do you follow any stocks and do the projected levels work well on these, as in Taylor's days it was mainly trading in stocks.
quote:

SS day, premarket sell off on ES from projected level of 1015

Richbois, do you follow any stocks and do the projected levels work well on these, as in Taylor's days it was mainly trading in stocks.

Yes I do follow stocks and it does amazingly work very well.

When I feel I cant concentrate enough for futures then I play stocks.

Matter of fact did 2 trades between yesterday and today on RIMM but on the Canadian market.

I have my favorite way of trading stocks that is different than futures mainly because of the lack of leverage or if you play options then the risk is pretty much limited

Hi All

This is an email I got last night and I think it is worth sharing here.

"On Aug 13 I counted 9 complete 3 day cycles from the July 8th Low, so my question is why is tomorrow (Aug 14th) not BUY DAY? What am I missing in my calculation? Any help you can give me is much appreciated."
My answer last night was "If you would have started your book on July 8th then yes tomorrow would be a Buy day.
My book started on Feb 1 2008 and the lowest low in Jan 2008 was Jan 22. So that became the Buy day and the rest is history.

Once a cycle is established it will never change.

I also discovered that 3 day rallies have been positive even in this big bear market we went through. Today when I start a book for a new instrument, I usually try to use as much data as I can, and I confirm the cycle by using the highest positive 3 day rally ratio possible by cycling through the 3 possibilities."

Then a few minutes ago I wrote back to show the way that we could both be right and still trade TTT.
So based on your possible cycle and based on mine we would have played the same way today. In your case you would have gone short knowing that we need a decline on a Buy day. In my case I had to play the short side because it was SS day.

Now Monday will be the tricky one. You will be on a Sell day and expect a rally which may have started already. In my case I am looking for a decline which maybe mostly done.

So either way we will be looking for long position at one point or another.

I wrote these comments to you right now to try to show you that we could have different cycles and still be able to apply TTT.

I hope that helped and have a great weekend

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

im not as smart as you guys so i have this graph to go by for monday

quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

im not as smart as you guys so i have this graph to go by for monday

I realy dont understand this post Gio because in my book Monday is a Buy day
this is what you posted earlier

"Now Monday will be the tricky one. You will be on a Sell day and expect a rally which may have started already. In my case I am looking for a decline which maybe mostly done."

now, if you look at my chart you will notice that if monday is a buy day we should decline, like you expect - on the other hand if monday is a sell day then we can expect a rally

personally, i agree with your cycle count and expect a decline if we make a high first and if we are above the sell short high - the sell short high on the es day was 1011.50 and the es 24h was 1015.75

therefore, if we reach your possible highs on monday for the es day and es24h as posted on your rich's ttt newsletter i will expect to be a seller

further more, if we do reach your possible highs on monday we will be hitting fib 1.272 and fib 1.618, respectfully. i arrive at those fibs levels by taking into account fridays high to low to possible highs

i know this clears it up for you :)

Today, 19th August, Wed SS day

Richbois, Buy day low violation was premarket, would you trade long under these circumstances for a positive 3 day rally
quote:

Today, 19th August, Wed SS day

Richbois, Buy day low violation was premarket, would you trade long under these circumstances for a positive 3 day rally

I dont get any BdL violation here even in premarket.

Having said that, we open close to the BdL and the usual average for a Positive 3 Day Rally should take us higher then yes I was looking to long at the open. Now ES has reached the MA levels I would be more cautious to long.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard