Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

tomo, thanks for correcting me, guess got mixed up with a sell day violation of the buy day low.

Richbois: what is TS2? know what is TVGR now

gio: what is that you actually did, perhaps us novices can learn from that experience.
As for the Buy day, would expect a test of the low of SS day and rally from there. pls correct me if I am wrong.

TS2 is a signal we get at the end of ABC waves. That signal is produced by a software called MTPredictor. If you check my website and the examples for the 3 days Buy Sell and SS day you will see what I mean. There is also a link on the site to the MTP site where you can get more info on that
quote:
Originally posted by tomo

Rich. Simba said 'textbook'. And I am 100% sure that Taylor would not short today. Yes I was short today 3 times making money on each. But if anyone is using the purest Taylor thinking he would not short today. Rules were against it. :)

I agree if we want to say "texbook Taylor" however since we are day traders some rules are a bit modified and that is why you took some shorts.
Today was a Buy Day. As mentioned in last night's report although most of the decline had been accomplished and we had a 60% chance of making a lower low and that low should be made 1st. The actual low was made just before the open and very close to the projected lows. Markets had a hard time getting a strong rally going.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Today (sell day), there was premarket rejection of yesterday's high, then at open the prices dropped, presume this would be an ideal short according to Taylor. If so, what would be considered as the target exit.
quote:

Today (sell day), there was premarket rejection of yesterday's high, then at open the prices dropped, presume this would be an ideal short according to Taylor. If so, what would be considered as the target exit.

Yes good short as we also knew that we had a 57% chance of making lower lows therefore 1st target would have been yesterday's low and then the projected 873 as per the report sent last night
Today it has turned out be a real SS day, right off the open, the prices went south.
Read previously about a 3 day positive rally on this thread, did it mean that prices would be expected to rise to at least low of the Buy Day. If so today's price action would negate that, would it not.
quote:

Today it has turned out be a real SS day, right off the open, the prices went south.
Read previously about a 3 day positive rally on this thread, did it mean that prices would be expected to rise to at least low of the Buy Day. If so today's price action would negate that, would it not.

Yes we had 85% chance of getting back above the Buy day Low

We still have time but at the moment it looks like we will have a failed positive 3 day rally
Today was a SS day, The markets acted as a SS day should however since we started from lower levels we ended with failed Positive 3 Day Rally and all except NQ.
You will notice that ES reached the projected lows which offered support for a while and the we reached the Recap MA low and reversed at that low just before the close.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Today was a Sell day. ES and YM day session were the only 2 that failed to get a rally above the Buy day low today. As mentioned last night we had 60% chance of making a lower low today. All markets stopped at the projected lows of either the Recap or Recap MA. However only a weak rally ensued.
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

However only a weak rally ensued.

I've been pondering the 60 min chart and the pattern looks more like a complex wave-4 of 5 than an A. I'll be very curious to see if we have another wave down to 825 (my projection) prior to a rally.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard