Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Originally posted by rigel

Hope everybody had an enjoyable break

Richbois, as per my day count 4th jan, Monday should be a SS DAY.
for both US and EUROPE, wonder if you have the same.

I guess not only us took a break but the markets also as this was a slow trading period.

You are correct my count does give me a SS day for Monday

Best to all of you for 2010
Good Buy Violation longs yesterday (SELL DAY) and today 6th SS DAY on European futures.
As you have mentioned numerous times, yesterday SELL DAYs are usually zig zag day ie. confusing days.

Did you find it easy to trade ESmini, Richbois

Good Buy Violation longs yesterday (SELL DAY) and today 6th SS DAY on European futures.
As you have mentioned numerous times, yesterday SELL DAYs are usually zig zag day ie. confusing days.

Did you find it easy to trade ESmini, Richbois

The 1st trade I considered was very early in premarket when DAX made its low at the DP and TF hit the previous low close to the Buy day low.

Market was to thin on TF so I passed and lived to regret it.

There was 2 other good possibilities for short again in the DP zone but they were not as per TTT as the rally hadnt reached its objective, however that ended up being the top of the rally.

So like you said the usual confusing day. I am sure the FOMC minutes didnt help the situation.
Text book short on a BUY DAY on Dax on the open with the close on the High yesterday SS day.

Text book short on a BUY DAY on Dax on the open with the close on the High yesterday SS day.

and a gap above the SS day high and at DP to boot. What else we need.
Richbois, did you take the Higher Bottom long on ES?, On Dax there was perfect HB Buy after a climactic sell off:))), would appreciate a chart of the long on ES if you traded that.

Richbois, did you take the Higher Bottom long on ES?, On Dax there was perfect HB Buy after a climactic sell off:))), would appreciate a chart of the long on ES if you traded that.

I didn't trade ES but did take long on TF later in the day
Here is the chart to compare with DAX as you can see the lows were not at same time as it was pre day session and I was not watching today pre open

I didn't trade ES but did take long on TF later in the day
Here is the chart to compare with DAX as you can see the lows were not at same time as it was pre day session and I was not watching today pre open
Click image for original size
screenhunter04 jan 08 13 37
Thanks Richbois, am curious about TF, the exchange is ICE I believe now and a point equals $100

1. Do you find it liquid enough to trade? and do you encounter slippages.?
2. May I inquire as to which trading platform you use to trade this instrument.
3. Finally would very much appreciate a chart of yesterday's price action on TF.
Hi Rigel, Richard and everybody else.
Happy new year.
I would like to give my 2c answer on TF.
I have used it with Tradestation and IB. Although less efficient in order inputting, I just use TS now for US markets, as I have noticed in the past that I had more splippage on IB.
You do have some slippage still on TF, but I find it manageable, especially as I trade very few lots (probably max 5).
I see TF a bit like the equivalent of Dax for the US markets: decent tick size compared to average move, relatively smaller correlation with other markets and it can be quite wild. Sometimes it has strange big swings in the last 15 minutes after 15 Echenge time (9pm London time) ...
There is very little pre-market, the lowest volume of the 4 US mini.
I do not know how efficient it is with TTT. Perhaps Richard can answer?
I hope this helps.
Best regards
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard