Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Originally posted by Durendal

Nice trade Richbois.

What/how do you use the stochastic for?

I use the Stochastic only to see divergence and to know if we are in overBought or OverSold territory

As you can see from the chart we were approaching OS territory and we could see divergence also
Originally posted by Richbois

Nice trade Richbois.

I use the Stochastic only to see divergence and to know if we are in overBought or OverSold territory

As you can see from the chart we were approaching OS territory and we could see divergence also

Very nice. Do you enter once a reversal bar completes or you fade as the market is dropping before a reversal bar?. I can see now how one could risk 1-2 bars only to catch a potentially large move. Many clouds cleared suddenly thanks to your posted chart.

Originally posted by Richbois

Nice trade Richbois.

Very nice. Do you enter once a reversal bar completes or you fade as the market is dropping before a reversal bar?. I can see now how one could risk 1-2 bars only to catch a potentially large move. Many clouds cleared suddenly thanks to your posted chart.

Every trade is different. If I have a good cluster of fibs at a certain level I will rarely wait for the reversal on 3-5 min but may look at 1 min for clues
Classic Buy Day short on high made first,
ftse gapped to projected level around 5400 and ES to 1112-1114
and dax shot through the zone 5650-5660
A Short Sale ‘put out’ at the high of Buying Day made FIRST on the penetration of the Short Sale Day High, should be covered on the reaction, whenever it sells down enough for a profit or on the first indications of dullness around the reaction low, for short selling on the Buying Day High made FIRST generally is a weak short sale—TAYLOR
Originally posted by rigel

A Short Sale ‘put out’ at the high of Buying Day made FIRST on the penetration of the Short Sale Day High, should be covered on the reaction, whenever it sells down enough for a profit or on the first indications of dullness around the reaction low, for short selling on the Buying Day High made FIRST generally is a weak short sale—TAYLOR

I find that the best shorts on Buy days are when the instrument gaps up above the SS day high then I know we have great odds of at least getting back to that level at some point during the day.
I find that the best shorts on Buy days are when the instrument gaps up above the SS day high then I know we have great odds of at least getting back to that level at some point during the day.

Not quite sure which level you are referring to Richbois, you are beginning to sound like Taylor:)))))

e.g today the ftse opening up with some 50pt gap up around 5400, then sold off. SO is 5400 the level to which the market has high odds of getting back to?

Mind you the market has rallied back to that level, and selling off again. However the Buy was definitely prior to lunch as per Taylor.

Not quite sure which level you are referring to Richbois, you are beginning to sound like Taylor:)))))

e.g today the ftse opening up with some 50pt gap up around 5400, then sold off. SO is 5400 the level to which the market has high odds of getting back to?

Mind you the market has rallied back to that level, and selling off again. However the Buy was definitely prior to lunch as per Taylor.

TaylorBois :) refers to "the SS day high" I believe.

TaylorBois :) refers to "the SS day high" I believe.

You are correct the SS day high is the level we need to get under when we have a gap up above the SSd high.

Europe did what it was suppose to do but US markets gapped just a few ticks above SSd High and never looked back. This is very rare.

So far TVGR has set in and I always said that TVGR trumps TTT
Thks Durendal - obviously you read Richbois better than I do:)))))
and that is despite the fact that I have managed to crack Taylor's grammer:))))))))

thks Richbois for clarification- sometimes it gets mixed up looking at european and US markets due to opening times and price action at the open when they overlap.

Yes your observation of TVGR conforms to Zero Decline of Taylor and getting back under SS day high would be consistent with decline required for a Buy Day, although it is puzzling as to why Taylor calculated his decline from Sell Day high, have you managed to figure that out?
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard