Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Sell Day - as rich says confusing day, however this morning it was my mind which lacked clarity- lack of sleep

Normally avoid dax in the opening hours(opens 7a.m UK- whilst am still having breakfast:))) - too volatile

Ftse opens 8a.m, however the price action on Dax was so tempting to go short, sold at 5951.5 and within 10min, stopped out 5929, thought would also short ftse same time, as normally it follows dax, but it went opposite, sold 5030.5, stopped out at 5037.

I decided I needed to crawl back into bed for least an hour or so.Here in summer, it gets bright 3.30a.m and as we are in wooded area, no shortage of singing birds:)))) on top of that the council in UK in their infinite wisdom had released wood piegons some years back, and as they have no natural prey in towns and cities, their population has literally exploded :))))

Anyway just got up and lo, behold, the 3DR rally targets have been hit
Originally posted by Richbois

Originally posted by Durendal

Much less Rich. About 61% win rate only.

that is ok as long as your winners are bigger than 750-1000$

The stats are more dispersed Rich. About 30% are large winners, sometimes bigger than 1 ATR but average 0.8 ATR, about 30% are medium to small winners, average less than 0.4 ATR, then other 25% are breakevens or small losers averaging 0.25 ATR, and then I get clipped about 15% of the time for a full ATR or close to that.

I take my stabs with the Taylor pattern in mind, but also look at a spreadsheet with adv/decl, volume etc.

The final stab is quite discretional, for example I almost took a stab long yesterday at the close near the pivot, but at the final moment I decided against it, only to regret it this morning, etc.

The mental game is the hardest part for me.
Rich: As I understand it, you calculate the levels with your spreadsheet, using some type of average of past Taylor cycles, and then seek a short term intraday pattern or ABC from MTP, and/or Stoch divergence, etc. to enter at or near your calculated level, with a tight stop. Then you either exit partial and run the rest with a trailing stop, or sometimes exit completely. And you have a daily goal, that when reached, you stop trading.

Is the above summary, more or less, correct?.

Rich: As I understand it, you calculate the levels with your spreadsheet, using some type of average of past Taylor cycles, and then seek a short term intraday pattern or ABC from MTP, and/or Stoch divergence, etc. to enter at or near your calculated level, with a tight stop. Then you either exit partial and run the rest with a trailing stop, or sometimes exit completely. And you have a daily goal, that when reached, you stop trading.

Is the above summary, more or less, correct?.

You are pretty close. Yes my system calculates the TTT levels based on past history, and yes re the MTP ABC's. It would be great if all the trades would be at TTT levels but I sometime have to adapt and pick trades that are not at TTT, however most have atleast be in the TTT direction for the day. If not than trade less lots and thighter control of the trade.

And yes I mostly trade the same amount of contracts every time and exit 1/2 to 2/3 at a preset target and let the leftover run to at least a second preset level or if the trade dictates will trail the stop as far as i can

I do try not to overtrade and after 1 or 2 trades day is over.
How do you deal with a S-day like today?. Stand aside?. Or jump on the uptrend somehow?

How do you deal with a S-day like today?. Stand aside?. Or jump on the uptrend somehow?

I rarely trade on rollover days it is a mess
Took stab at 1074 basis june, exited at close and shorted 1084 basis june. 17 point stop. Pretty sure it drops 10+ points by midday tomorrow. Eyeing 1071.

Took stab at 1074 basis june, exited at close and shorted 1084 basis june. 17 point stop. Pretty sure it drops 10+ points by midday tomorrow. Eyeing 1071.

good prediction for the open :)
Thanks Rich. It's an SS day!. I lowered my stop to entry. At 71 I plan to get out or before midday.
There you go. +0. hahaha.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard