Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
[quote]Originally posted by BruceM

For me it's a hassle to have to scroll left and right to read text or charts...so I'm lazy.....anyone know how to change this for myself.?...and new monitors isn't a good answer for me.....

Not just this thread...many of them[quote

from what i understand the 'boss' is trying to fix that prob - in the mean time larry and others are making their charts smaller to read

g

Hi Bruce

We found today that if Laurent reduces the size of his charts by 50% and my excel recap sheet by 50% before we take the snapshot then it fits on the page better as you can see from the last page. I have a 19" monitor and I know what you mean i would have to change the resolution to be able to see the previous charts.But then I would need to change my eyeglasses to emplify the screen
The last page seems to be ok with some other people but not every one commented
Is it ok for you?

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

For me it's a hassle to have to scroll left and right to read text or charts...so I'm lazy.....anyone know how to change this for myself.?...and new monitors isn't a good answer for me.....

Not just this thread...many of them
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

bruce

have you had a chance to view larry's Elliot Wave pics lately?

he has been dead on and its very impressive - today he nailed the low this morning, to the tee

hope its helps in getting a better feel for EW and hopefully it also helps with your style of trading

feel free to ask larry questions about EW and also ask away on rich's ttt - rich will answer you promptly

c ya

g

Maybe this is obvious and maybe it's not, so I'll share it anyway.
I agree that it's a hassle to scroll to the side using the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom with my mouse.
When viewing web pages, I use the arrow keys on my keyboard to move up and down. If something is off the side of the screen, it's equally easy to use the right/left arrow keys.
thanks for the info......glad i'm not the only one who found it to be a bit frustrating
Looks good Rich and thanks for the effort..
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

Hi Bruce

We found today that if Laurent reduces the size of his charts by 50% and my excel recap sheet by 50% before we take the snapshot then it fits on the page better as you can see from the last page. I have a 19" monitor and I know what you mean i would have to change the resolution to be able to see the previous charts.But then I would need to change my eyeglasses to emplify the screen
The last page seems to be ok with some other people but not every one commented
Is it ok for you?

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Not just this thread...many of them
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

bruce

have you had a chance to view larry's Elliot Wave pics lately?

he has been dead on and its very impressive - today he nailed the low this morning, to the tee

hope its helps in getting a better feel for EW and hopefully it also helps with your style of trading

feel free to ask larry questions about EW and also ask away on rich's ttt - rich will answer you promptly

c ya

g

Just curious Larry or Rich, what are your procedures that you capture a screenshot? Maybe we can give suggestions on "speeding" it so you can post more =)
quote:
Originally posted by mucis

Just curious Larry or Rich, what are your procedures that you capture a screenshot? Maybe we can give suggestions on "speeding" it so you can post more =)

Now things just got a little more complicated.
1st we have to reduce the size of the screen we want to take a snap of

next I use a free software called Screenhunter. press F4 or what ever # you choose, then frame the snap of what I want , release the mouse et voila I now have a file ready to upload.

we then have to write comments and upload .

For Laurent it is a bit more complicated as he has to put all his count and other stuff on the chart before he can take a snap.

hope that helps

quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

quote:
Originally posted by mucis

Now things just got a little more complicated.
1st we have to reduce the size of the screen we want to take a snap of

next I use a free software called Screenhunter. press F4 or what ever # you choose, then frame the snap of what I want , release the mouse et voila I now have a file ready to upload.

we then have to write comments and upload .

For Laurent it is a bit more complicated as he has to put all his count and other stuff on the chart before he can take a snap.

hope that helps

The pro version has an auto scale feature. I wonder if that reduces the size automaticly.
quote:
Originally posted by Larry22

quote:
Originally posted by ddaytrader

Here is the chart I posted on my blog ddaytrader.wordpress.com updated as of yesterday's close. I removed the more bullish alternative count, as the intraday wave count looks to be confirming the preferred count on the daly which calls for an immanent decline toward the 1170 (1169-1186 or so) levels.

Of course, I may be wrong as I have proven that possibility often in the past.

Hi ddaytrader, your count is pretty accurate for a downward scenario the only place I would label it differently then you is the wave 4 as for me it went higher then the wave 1 low , so what I usually do I label wave 4 4D instead and this also open the possibility of calling this wave part of a possible extension in the wave 3C so this wave 4 top could also be called wave 2 of wave 3C as the low of the 3C wave would be the first wave down of the extensions. What is important is that both counts are going downwards and that's what is the most important as the more possible counts that we have showing 1 directions better chance we have that it unfolds.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the comments. I agree with everything you said. I do not like seeing the wave 4 up above the wave 1 low in most cases. However, Elliot himself, I believe, said that wave 4 usually does not return to the territory of wave 1. It was made into a "rule" by later writers. I was and still am comfortable with the wave 4 label (though the lower low yesterday stretches things a bit - but wave b's do sometimes exceed the extreme of the prior impulse of which the b-wave is an a-b-c correction) as the wave 4 peaked at/near the open and the extreme reaction to an extreme event "juiced" the rally. Had the market opened at its lows and then rallied to that 1274, I'd have been very reluctant to keep the labeling as such.

I was out 'til late last night, and I'm running out early this morning, so I will wait for today's price action to conclude before going over my daily count.

Good luck to all today!
ddaytrader: Why couldnt the move from C(ts3) to wave 1 down really be D, and the bounce from there to 1303 be E? This would complete a large A. this has a better look for me since i dont see 5 waves from C to 1 down but a corrective a b c.Looking at the weekly charts, the whole move down from 1576-1200 is A.Then the move from 1200-1313 was a, and we just made b yesterday or by mon., then expected c up to complete a largeB(1340-1370). Finally the last C down to end the bear in early 09.Comments?
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard