Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
I couldn't post this before but we had a nice sell at the open on the NQ 3 min but was busy with my shorts in ES and ER2 so my hands were full.

This is just to show you how weaker NQ is now.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
The Russel is showing some strength it just had a retest from a pivot made at 0400 est. Will it hold or turn the market, I don't know. I'm not taking the trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Larry22

Eddo if you have looked at my charts, you have seen that trendline so from my ES charts on tick time frame, we might have completed the first wave 1 up or wave 2 up so we are now at the point that I personally would wait for an ABC down before buying.

Yes I saw that and thanks for posting it - I agree re waiting for a decent looking abc before going long - personally I prefer to have a decent MTP DP or TS setup to get me into a trade and for the time being will sit this out
I just saw this Wave 4 on the 5 min ES and wondered what your view(s) were - thanks to both Chris
Wise choice Eddo I rely a lot on high tick time frame charts for ES and based on that I had a major filter reversal down so the reason I said this could be wave 1 up. Again I'm not saying it won't go higher but like you I prefer to have a calculated risk before getting in.
The 50% retrace of the ES from Friday's low and today's top is 1257.25 on 24hr basis, We might not go there but we now have a possible ABC on the 5 min and tick too. DP is near 1260.
Rich, any TTT thoughts?

I mentioned last night about fading such good news and in the back of my mind it went past the average of the 3 DAY RALLY a bit to give me some confidence of resistance.

quote:
Originally posted by jands

Rich, any TTT thoughts?

I mentioned last night about fading such good news and in the back of my mind it went past the average of the 3 DAY RALLY a bit to give me some confidence of resistance.

we technicly need 1245 to get a decline for today that maybe the goal which I thought would not happen earlier, but NQ closed gap so maybe others trying
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

quote:

Rich, any TTT thoughts?

we technicly need 1244.75 to get a decline for today that maybe the goal which I thought would not happen earlier, but NQ closed gap so maybe others trying

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the high from this morning would not be part of the 3 Day Rally until a small decline is made(at least in the 24hr), of course this is in a perfect world
quote:
Originally posted by Larry22

The 50% retrace of the ES from Friday's low and today's top is 1257.25 on 24hr basis, We might not go there but we now have a possible ABC on the 5 min and tick too. DP is near 1260.

Sorry I made a mistake 1257.25 was the 38% and 1249.50 is the 50% current low is at 1250.50 now.

I could not buy anyhting as my PC almost froze and was not updating my charts I had to close all my Internet Explorer windows to fix part of my problem but it's not 100% yet so I may have to reboot, unless I find which program cause that.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

quote:

Rich, any TTT thoughts?

we technicly need 1245 to get a decline for today that maybe the goal which I thought would not happen earlier, but NQ closed gap so maybe others trying

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the high from this morning would not be part of the 3 Day Rally until a small decline is made(at least in the 24hr), of course this is in a perfect world

That is correct the 3 day rally ended on friday. The higher high today is penetration of the SS day high. We always (100%)had a decline on Buy days since the beginning of the year. So for this to remain at 100% we need to get to 1245 to get atleast a 1 tick decline.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard