Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Originally posted by aincas

Richard :
friday april 2 its a short trading day , why to skip it ?
monday february 15 also was short , but u count it per TTT
why it was different ?
thanks , great and pleasant easter holiday to all !!

Today is the most confusing day of the year.

If my info is correct the indices will be open only till 8:15 AM

So really they wont be traded at all during any part of the day session. Also there is no other Index market in the world traded today or even overnight.

That should make for a complete dead session.

That is why I decided to do like last year and pass on it.

Should I be proven wrong by the close I will then reissue another report.

Have a nice weekend
This last cycle played pretty well in the indexes, in my limited experience. Still very tough to determine when to climb on board and hold through the "small" swings.
Originally posted by Durendal

This last cycle played pretty well in the indexes, in my limited experience. Still very tough to determine when to climb on board and hold through the "small" swings.

Some of us use "ATR stop" to keep up into a trade once we are in.
Originally posted by Richbois

Richard :
why it was different ?

So really they wont be traded at all during any part of the day session. Also there is no other Index market in the world traded today or even overnight.

Have a nice weekend

Hi All
Although there was no trading during the day session, we did get some during the Globex session.
Normally we should not have gotten any trading, however since the NFP report was coming out this morning they kept the Globex open, therefore I am adding today to the book.
This makes Monday a Sell day now.
This is an unusual situation due to NFP on a holiday. Therefore I am doing this under reserve at the moment, and may have to correct this Monday night.

Richard :
why it was different ?

Have a nice weekend

Hi All
Although there was no trading during the day session, we did get some during the Globex session.
Normally we should not have gotten any trading, however since the NFP report was coming out this morning they kept the Globex open, therefore I am adding today to the book.
This makes Monday a Sell day now.
This is an unusual situation due to NFP on a holiday. Therefore I am doing this under reserve at the moment, and may have to correct this Monday night.

Rich, so based on the market action today, would you still track today as Sell day or would it be (an extended) Buy day?

Thanks in advance.
hi Richard
based on e-ttt tuesday april 6th will be ssd for usa mrkt .
from my dax ttt book will be a buy day for europen mrkt . is this corect ? and if so . what can be done to solve this problem , until today dax and usa mrkts were in sync . now i have a problem . any ideas
thanks in advance
[/quote]

Rich, so based on the market action today, would you still track today as Sell day or would it be (an extended) Buy day?

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

So far yesterday the 5th looked like a nice Sell day, with a decent rally. Using Friday as the Buy day gave us a better decline than using Monday.

hi Richard
based on e-ttt tuesday april 6th will be ssd for usa mrkt .
from my dax ttt book will be a buy day for europen mrkt . is this corect ? and if so . what can be done to solve this problem , until today dax and usa mrkts were in sync . now i have a problem . any ideas
thanks in advance

Based on e-TTT Tuesday April 6th will be a SS day in Europe also.

Email me for the solution
Richbois,

Under normal count Friday 2nd would have been a BUY day as Thursday 1st April was a SS day, but 1st April being a holiday would have no designation and hence Friday becomes a SS day in which case Monday 5th April would be a Buy day and today 6th April a Sell Day rather than SS day.
Originally posted by rigel

Richbois,

Under normal count Friday 2nd would have been a BUY day as Thursday 1st April was a SS day, but 1st April being a holiday would have no designation and hence Friday becomes a SS day in which case Monday 5th April would be a Buy day and today 6th April a Sell Day rather than SS day.

This week was a very unusual holiday week. Normaly US is closed for Good Friday and even the Globex session is closed. However this time due to the fact that NFP report came out on Friday they kept the Globex open. That created a day in the US markets. US was also open on Monday.

Therefore US was never closed.

At the moment, I believe that my count is correct based on the action of Friday and yesterday, and until proven wrong by the market I will stick with that count.

Let us not forget we could have a different count and still be correct as long as we trade the Book properly. As you all know I also use the 3 day rally ratio to confirm my count so at this point i prefer this count.

Today is a SS day for me.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard