Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Thank you very much Richbois.

Tuesday the 9th will be a Buy day for the most index futures and it will be a SS day for CL.
Not every instruments are on the same cycle.

So today 10th March, Wed, you have CL on Buy Day,
certainly had the required decline from SS day high on US open followed by bottoming and explosive action on the upside.

I have only looked at this market for a few days, do you find correlation with movement of ESmini, afterall there will be oil stocks in ES.
Click image for original size
cl
OTOH on ESmini, which has a Sell day, looks like prices are very much trying to reach the 3Day Rally target around 1148-50
I, like you , just started to look at CL in the last few days.

Even took my 1st trade today on it. WE did have a decline at the open which was a bit less than the Overnight low.
From my brief study of this instrument I find that it seem to be traded the most during the US session however it does look decent during the European session. Only the Asian session is slow.

So I have made my charts to start at 2AM EST to 5PM EST

Based on that I found that I had lots of fibs at the 83$ area which prompted me to take a short at 82.75 took 1 lot off .50$ and 2nd at 1$ and left alot on the table but heck it is the 1st trade.

I saw later that we went from the DP zone to the next DP zone as we made a new BD low

I know that there is some corolation with ES but not sure it applies on CL news day = wednesday.
Did you trade from 15min, in which case what size stop loss did you implement.
Originally posted by rigel

Did you trade from 15min, in which case what size stop loss did you implement.

in this case i did because i was late but my way of trading had to be within the goal

I took 2 lots and wanted to risk no more that 10t on QM so 250$ or so

in this case since I was late to the party i had to move my stop just above the high so my risk ended up being 300

close enough

i did my fib work on 15 min but i will need to refine my entries on lower time frames

need mo study
sorry missed to include charts earlier however mised to take shot before 1st lot was off

Click image for original size
qm trade
Great trade Richbois on CL,
market certainly seems to offer lucrative opportunities, there was the long here after UK open , then a short (your trade) after US open.
Will keep tracking this market for a while now

Is there any particular reason why you have ESmini and CL on different cycle, or was it just due to the start date of your books.
Originally posted by rigel

Great trade Richbois on CL,
market certainly seems to offer lucrative opportunities, there was the long here after UK open , then a short (your trade) after US open.
Will keep tracking this market for a while now

Is there any particular reason why you have ESmini and CL on different cycle, or was it just due to the start date of your books.

Thank you
Yes I started with April 1st 2008 and that was the low at that time.
Looking at CL today it did look more like a Sell day than a SS day.

A day of going nowhere fast
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard