Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Thought 18th Feb was a SS day, hence 19th should be a BUY day according to the count here.

Today 20th Feb, Friday a SELL day. Would I be right in saying it was BV first, a long trade opportunity at open, target BUY day low. Obviously did not make it first time, prices fell further to around 753 and then indeed rallied in the afternoon session to reach the BUY day low and slight over to 778 level.
Would taking this long in the afternoon session be in keeping with Taylor.

based on the odds that we had Both long shaould have been taken until we got above the Buy day low. Also 753 was an important daily retracement level and that alone was a good reason for a bounce.
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I posted here but I couldn't resist showing you the trades I did Friday specially the last one where I bought at 754 based on my EW count and TTT expected low. We can see that we had 5 waves in wave 5 of possibly wave 3 on the 60 min chart.

P.S Thank you Richard for that new TTT add-on that helps me a lot to spot easily TTT levels on my chart, great job on improving the TTT method you now have brought it up to a level that I would have never expected to see, as it is very simple to use.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

No Description Entered
Is anyone trading FTSE successfully using TTT? I’m finding that the FTSE is so influenced by the US that it is difficult to trade in the morning using Richs figures. I prefer the daily FTSE and in the past week I haven’t been able to get the cycle to fit at all.
Wednesday 18th was a SSD so there were high odds to go long until price reached BD low, but it never got close and no violation of SD high either, so I guess that constituted a failed SSD.
Then Thursday 19th was a BD but it was also an inside day and so I never triggered any trades.
Friday 20th was a SD and as previous day’s close was at lows was looking for violation of that low and opportunity to enter long position. There was a trading opportunity at the New York open but the biggy came later in the day. The problem is that although it fitted in nicely for US traders the low came in after the FTSE cash had closed.
Now today is a SSD so Friday’s highs and Thursday’s lows are places to look at first. The FTSE came close to those levels this morning and reversed, so it should be short all the way from here, but if the cycle doesn’t really come into its own until the afternoon then one wouldn’t expect the high to come in until after New York opens.

It would be interesting to share with other traders what positions they are taking on the FTSE, and their reasoning behind the trades.
It would also be great to see any analysis at the end of the day.
And a question for Rich. How often do you rebase the count? Raschke’s approach to allow considerable flexibility in day counts but you seem to be following a rigid three day cycle. I only ask because I read that after an inside day the count restarts, which would have made Friday a BD.
quote:
Originally posted by Robros

And a question for Rich. How often do you rebase the count? Raschke’s approach to allow considerable flexibility in day counts but you seem to be following a rigid three day cycle. I only ask because I read that after an inside day the count restarts, which would have made Friday a BD.

I don't rebase the count as per Taylor. Raschke and Angell do but their system is not a pure Taylor.

I also check the Positive 3 day rally ratios every so often and to confirm that my cycles are correct.

As per Taylor ww could be 3 different person having each a different cycle. The trick is to trade it properly.

I stick by my cycle count, and trade the odds of certain event happening on a given day. Today is a SS day. we got a very small positive 3 day rally, and failed to take out the previous day's high and even the overnight high. Therefore short was the direction.

I personnaly tried some longs along the way since I didnt get any short signals. Both longs prove to be short lived and managed to get my broker richer as I only broke even.

quote:
Originally posted by Robros

Is anyone trading FTSE successfully using TTT? I’m finding that the FTSE is so influenced by the US that it is difficult to trade in the morning using Richs figures. I prefer the daily FTSE and in the past week I haven’t been able to get the cycle to fit at all.
Wednesday 18th was a SSD so there were high odds to go long until price reached BD low, but it never got close and no violation of SD high either, so I guess that constituted a failed SSD.
Then Thursday 19th was a BD but it was also an inside day and so I never triggered any trades.
Friday 20th was a SD and as previous day’s close was at lows was looking for violation of that low and opportunity to enter long position. There was a trading opportunity at the New York open but the biggy came later in the day. The problem is that although it fitted in nicely for US traders the low came in after the FTSE cash had closed.
Now today is a SSD so Friday’s highs and Thursday’s lows are places to look at first. The FTSE came close to those levels this morning and reversed, so it should be short all the way from here, but if the cycle doesn’t really come into its own until the afternoon then one wouldn’t expect the high to come in until after New York opens.

It would be interesting to share with other traders what positions they are taking on the FTSE, and their reasoning behind the trades.
It would also be great to see any analysis at the end of the day.

If we look at this 15 min chart of the FTSE, Market gapped up and tried to get back above the Buy daay low. It failed and started coming down. It tried again before the US markets opened and reversed before the open. So today I would say that Europe is leading in this decline and US just continued the trend. Now the previous low has been breached in both ES and Z. ES tried to rally from the new low but so far it is a very shallow rally.

SS Day is in effect so any long position should only be taken with tighter stops, and profits if any be protected or taken ASAP.

No Description Entered
Today was a BUY day.
ES gapped up to provide a SHORTING opportunity. Then prices went down to form a Higher Bottom, Textbook Long opportunity, appreciate comments from experts.
quote:

Today was a BUY day.
ES gapped up to provide a SHORTING opportunity. Then prices went down to form a Higher Bottom, Textbook Long opportunity, appreciate comments from experts.

I didn't get any interesting signals to take that 1st short, however that long was good for a few reasons, Nice ABC down, divergence on stochastic and right at TTT projected low for today.

No Description Entered
quote:

Today was a BUY day.

Hi Simba indeed today is a buy day and based on my 15 min I had possible end of a wave plus we had a TTT target at 744.3 so I had to buy in that area.

Laurent

No Description Entered

No Description Entered

rich's ttt made trading today too too easy

maybe Geithner shud be subscribing to rich's ttt?

I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard