Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Emini premarket has hit the projected low around 907

Caught some traction at the lowest number near 896. I exited my swing short at the open but so far the long entry isn't very encouraging.
quote:

Lately the projected target levels/objective levels have not been reached in most markets, was beginning to wonder if updating the book daily is at all necessary to trade with the basic strategies of Taylor especially in view of the onus on intraday trading in this day and age.

However, Today a Sell day, Emini premarket has hit the projected low around 907

We are in a tight trading range lately except for today where we reached TTT average violation. but day isnt over yet ant TVGR is in effect.

PS Quarter end window dressing and July 4th donthelp either
quote:
Originally posted by mlomker

quote:

Emini premarket has hit the projected low around 907

Caught some traction at the lowest number near 896. I exited my swing short at the open but so far the long entry isn't very encouraging.

Looks like a failed rally on Day session and probably a failed 3 day rally is in the cards. Seems to me we get those often near Holidays. will need to look into that
i was expecting wave c down of wave b down today - the small degree wave 4 within the first wave 1 down of (C) down formed a small triangle - therefore, i expected a further decline this afternoon and i got it -my 30 minute full stoch are showing prices are oversold - we should see a wave 2 bounce by monday - wave (C) down should have five waves before it completes tho - oh, that wave 2 bounce i expect monday bodes well with rich's ttt

my disclaimer is i know nothing about elliot wave :)

have a happy 4th of july to the usa ppl
6th July, Buy day,
European bourses bounced off the projected level.
Eurostoxx: my level was around 2317,
Dax: 4627, prices probed below this twice and third time found suport 4625 during the US session.
Ftse: 4139.

Not quite sure about levels on ESmini due to Friday holiday. tends to get skewed during these periods. How do you arrive at the projected levels Rich for US indices.
quote:

6th July, Buy day,
European bourses bounced off the projected level.
Eurostoxx: my level was around 2317,
Dax: 4627, prices probed below this twice and third time found suport 4625 during the US session.
Ftse: 4139.

Not quite sure about levels on ESmini due to Friday holiday. tends to get skewed during these periods. How do you arrive at the projected levels Rich for US indices.

I apply the averages to Friday's high and low. It sometimes gets all weird but today So far we have hit the TTT MA violation levels on most
On Friday US markets were closed, so how can averages be applied to high or low - to trade from for Monday

The only way around is to take estimated high and low for a holiday.
quote:

On Friday US markets were closed, so how can averages be applied to high or low - to trade from for Monday

The only way around is to take estimated high and low for a holiday.

Futures markets were open for the Globex session and for 2 hours during the day session. Those are the high and low thta I am using.

I must also say that Europe and US are on the same cycle and sometimes only part of Europe is closed and the other open. I usualy create ficticious days when that happens by extrapolating the other markets. I know that is not pure Taylor but markets have changed since his days and markets are open 24 hours and much more global.

Now we dont have to wait days to get European news and vice versa.
i was talking to rich live this morn on yahoo im and i posted this to him

Gio (7/6/2009 9:57:37 AM): long at 883.75

he had 882.50 as a possible low for today

his rich'ss ttt rock :)

Gio in report low of the day is 878.16 and 874.40 in globex .
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard