Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Rich,
There are not many places or for that matter not many interested traders to discuss Taylor and because of the effort required in assimilating his method, most just brush it aside as antiquated.

Today is a Buy Day and a pattern that I have seen over and over again, whenever there has been significant rallies past 2-3 days, then on buy day, the high of the SS day will be tested prior to the decline, had left a stop order(1contract) to sell below 5258(based on the price action at the time) and a buy order above 5266, went out for over an hour to a hardware and a TV shop, came back and bingo, 75pts in the bag.
Find Taylors take on the markets absolutely fascinating day after day and more amazing to notice that not many are actually interested in his methodology.
Originally posted by rigel

Rich,
There are not many places or for that matter not many interested traders to discuss Taylor and because of the effort required in assimilating his method, most just brush it aside as antiquated.

Today is a Buy Day and a pattern that I have seen over and over again, whenever there has been significant rallies past 2-3 days, then on buy day, the high of the SS day will be tested prior to the decline, had left a stop order(1contract) to sell below 5258(based on the price action at the time) and a buy order above 5266, went out for over an hour to a hardware and a TV shop, came back and bingo, 75pts in the bag.
Find Taylors take on the markets absolutely fascinating day after day and more amazing to notice that not many are actually interested in his methodology.

Great trade and yes a perfect example. The only thing I find these days is that Europe has bigger moves than in the past and therefore creating bigger USA market gaps at the open. It makes it a bit harder for us on this side of the pond.
When I leave the trade alone, it works a lot better, as soon as I came in , I moved the stop nearer and was closed out. What a shame, the prices plunged a further 50pts.

Yes we have had a couple of major issues here, the Greek debt crisis and the BP saga of the oil leak in mexican gulf. BP has lost one third of its value, that hits FTSE.

ESmini has overshot its required decline and very near the projected violation low of 1076, same with ftse and dax(over extended the violation target).

When I leave the trade alone, it works a lot better, as soon as I came in , I moved the stop nearer and was closed out. What a shame, the prices plunged a further 50pts.

Yes we have had a couple of major issues here, the Greek debt crisis and the BP saga of the oil leak in mexican gulf. BP has lost one third of its value, that hits FTSE.

ESmini has overshot its required decline and very near the projected violation low of 1076, same with ftse and dax(over extended the violation target).

Hard to fight TVGR on a large gap like that
Monday 7th June,

Classic SELL DAY Buy Violation plays on the open , FTSE and Dax,

Monday 7th June,

Classic SELL DAY Buy Violation plays on the open , FTSE and Dax,

Specialy when we close on the lows of the Buy day, this as text book TTT as it gets. Gap open below the Buy day low and reverses pretty quick to close the gap and start producing the expected rally.

Previous low and DP did help take a trade here also

Click image for original size
screenhunter01 jun 07 07 57
Rich,
Do you trade Dax? or FTSE? much better Taylor moves lately, might have to get up middle of night:)))))

Notice you have vol. on the chart, do you normally use that in your analysis ie. wyckoff.

Also what is the indicator in the bottom window,
my 5,3,3 stoch on a 15min looks somewhat different.

Rich,
Do you trade Dax? or FTSE? much better Taylor moves lately, might have to get up middle of night:)))))

Notice you have vol. on the chart, do you normally use that in your analysis ie. wyckoff.

Also what is the indicator in the bottom window,
my 5,3,3 stoch on a 15min looks somewhat different.

I studied the European markets last winter while I was in Europe but never ended up trading it.

The volume indicator is a special indicator from MTP that is based on VSA.

The other is a special Stochastic divergence Indicator based on the %D the settings for it are hidden so I cant say what they are
Same here, would like to trade US markets especially TF or NQ but by the time 2.30p.m comes(US open), the brain needs a rest, know that there are some great moves in the last couple of hours, will have to take advantage of that, problem there is it is evening here, and sitting in front of a computer does not go down well with the family:)))

Oil futures is another market of considerable interest, Today is a Buy Day, panned out as such, over 2 pts. presume that is $2000
The other is ofcourse currency futures especially $/£, but all this require energy and time. Use to chase all sorts of markets including stocks, warn out by the end of day and not much to show for it, so started to focus on one or two markets:))))

did not mean to pry into the exact settings of the indicator, just wanted to know if you analyse price action based on vol. either via VSA or Wyckoff, to me both are 2 sides of the same coin. i.e VSA is just a derivative of Wyckoff.
you are right. I thought that being in Europe would be great time zone for trading the US markets, however i found that if you want some kind of life you need to be done by 6-7PM which is lunch time in US

I agree that Wickoff and VSA is the same thing. and this VSA indicator is just a part of the whole theory.

There is even a great FREE indicator available for NinjaTrader that is based on VSA and in my opinion is very close to TradeGuider software but a few thousand dollars cheaper.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard