No registration required! (Why?)

Day Trading with TTT and other tools


Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

nice call for today rich - you nailed it



Would have been better if I was a wake in middle of night
9th Sept, Wed, a SS day, ES has hit the projected level of 1034, the 3 day Rally level is around 1040.
Did you trade long today Richbois
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

9th Sept, Wed, a SS day, ES has hit the projected level of 1034, the 3 day Rally level is around 1040.
Did you trade long today Richbois



I missed it but one of my friends did take the long on TF near the open at 574.2. It was the correct way to trade TTT today since the 3 day rally was pretty small at that time.

1.Presume you would have taken long if price had gone below Buy Day low

2. However once you recognise the nature of the market ie. trending up as yesterday, do you not have any strategy to enter the market midway ie. after its initial entry point is missed.

Today is Buy Day, premarket prices are heading up, could setup shorting opportunity first.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

1.Presume you would have taken long if price had gone below Buy Day low

2. However once you recognise the nature of the market ie. trending up as yesterday, do you not have any strategy to enter the market midway ie. after its initial entry point is missed.

Today is Buy Day, premarket prices are heading up, could setup shorting opportunity first.


If we open below the Buy day low then yes I am deffinatly looking for any excuse to go long.

It is harder to jump in on a trending market once you have missed the start, unless there is some correction. Nothing jumped at me yesterday to help with that.

Today like you said we could have short and long opportunity, I just hate rollover days.
Like the previous SS day, today ES opened above Buy Day low

However on Dax and Ftse, the prices dropped below BDL and created a BV long opportunity.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Like the previous SS day, today ES opened above Buy Day low

However on Dax and Ftse, the prices dropped below BDL and created a BV long opportunity.



Looking at the DAX it opened above Bd Low so You had a positive 3 day rally even if not strong. Then it went below BdL also putting TVGR in effect. It bounced on the DP with divergence and went to close the gap making for a nice trade.

But definatively not a text book TTT trade.


Click image for original size
No Description Entered
In Friday's letter to subscribers I said "Monday will be a SS day. We should probably retest the highs before a decline starts."

This morning on CNBC and other news letters they were all forcasting a big down day. On friday, TTT said Monday would be a good day to go long whereas all the smart people on TV were saying to go short even after the market opened and started to rally.

So far TF and NQ even made new highs and ES is knocking at the door.
Great call, I never listen to the news anyway:))) used to once, quickly realised it is mostly waffle:)))

1. Anyway, May I inquire as to how you arrived at that conclusion i.e retesting of highs of Friday.
My book calculation based on 3 day rally indicated a projected level of 1045 which the market did hit.

2. Previously you mentioned that you would not go long unless there was a BV first, based on your prediction were you able to entertain longs on Monday.
Ideal shorts on a BUY Day on Dax and Ftse this morning in the first hour,
thumbs up for Taylor's Rules once again
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard