Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by garciaal

Rich could you explain what the labels on the above chart mean?

TTT MA p
TTT
TTT PH
TTT MA

Thanks, AL

There is a possibility of 9 lines for the 24 hour session and 9 for the day session

TTT MAp is the possible Penetration based on the new Moving Average Recap sheet
TTT MA is based on the MA recap sheet and represents either the possible Decline level on a Buy day, possible Rally level on Sell day, possible 3 day rally on SS day
TTT MAv is the possible Violation based on the MA recap sheet
TTT p is the possible Penetration based on the regular Recap sheet
TTT is based on the recap sheet and represents either the possible Decline level on a Buy day, possible Rally level on Sell day, possible 3 day rally on SS day
TTT v is the possible Violation based on the regular recap sheet
TTT PH is the Previous day's High
TTT PL is the Previous day's Low shown on Buy days and SS days
TTT BdL is the Buy Day Low shown on Sell and SS days

any of these labels followed by a "D" indicates numbers from the Day Session
It is clear that there are 2 session for trading on the European bourses and in both cases Taylor method can be applied. The 2nd session is ofcourse in tandem with the US open.

Today is a Short Sale day, there were ideal shorting opportunities both on Eurostoxx ,Dax and also on FTSE 9a.m (London). Now it is lunch and there should be another such opportunity in the afternoon session

Price action in conjunction with daily pivots dictated a long also after the short, but in keeping strictly with Taylor, no longs on a SS day.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

It is clear that there are 2 session for trading on the European bourses and in both cases Taylor method can be applied. The 2nd session is ofcourse in tandem with the US open.

Today is a Short Sale day, there were ideal shorting opportunities both on Eurostoxx ,Dax and also on FTSE 9a.m (London). Now it is lunch and there should be another such opportunity in the afternoon session

Price action in conjunction with daily pivots dictated a long also after the short, but in keeping strictly with Taylor, no longs on a SS day.

Based on your comments of having 2 sessions in one and the second one being in tandem with the US, How do you handle your second session when US has TVGR in effect???

PS: Do you have ES chart open when you trade the afternoon DAX.
If so then we see that ES reversed at the previous day high and TTT resistance, and DAX did the same so that must have been your short opportunity that you were looking for
All the european bourses follow US on open, bar by bar,
Hence if US has a TVGR effect Dax and others will go with that.

There was classic reversal at yesterdays high on ES and happening before lunch(EST), very much a Taylor play, and as mentioned this morning, this was the second opportunity and even a better one as it is occuring on the largest market in the world, to short on the Dax (down approx 70pts), FTSE (down some 60pts).

The morning session here in UK can be treated independently but Taylors rules can still be applied.
In the afternoon session, we have to refer to the ES charts and trade accordingly.
rich's ttt provided me a nice short this morning, at his level, on the es

Today was a perfect SS day. We gaped up and failed to take out yesterday's high. This was also the 3 day rally projected area. We then crawled down all day to go test the previous low.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
did u buy that ts3?

of course not, we dont buy on ss day, wer short bias

nice trade rich
Richbois when will you make TTT addon European Dax for Ninja Trader?

thanks
quote:
Originally posted by memo

thanks

programmer working on it but I could do a quick fix for it I think

email me
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

quote:
Originally posted by memo

thanks

programmer working on it but I could do a quick fix for it I think

email me

TTT Add-On for the European markets is ready for Ninja Trader

please email me as I need to know if you use windows XP or Vista
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard