No registration required! (Why?)

Day Trading with TTT and other tools


Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Because today was a buy day and I was expecting a good rally I was able to buy again ES and made another nice profit.






Click image for original size
No Description Entered
larry

did you take the blue ts4 on the left of the chart? , if not why?

did you take the red ts1 sell? , if not why?

tia and nice trading, udaman
!
I must say that having that new Add-On software makes TTT much easier. No more having to look at the report all day or spending time drawing lines on your chart risking making error.

This a breeze now. Today was not a bad Buy day indeed. ES declined to the projected lows and then rallied all day to the previous day high.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

larry

did you take the blue ts4 on the left of the chart? , if not why?

did you take the red ts1 sell? , if not why?

tia and nice trading, udaman
!



Hi gio, no I didn't took the TS4 previously on the 1 min chart, reason was very simple I was waiting to have a stochastic divergence on the 1 min chart and another time frame that I follow, after that I stayed long and didn't sold until we reached the previous high as I was expecting market to even go higher. Today was a Buy day and because of my wave count on the 15 min (previously posted) I was expecting the market to climb most of the day, so for this reason I haven't sold once even if I knew we had great odds of going down at 757.50 I knew we would go back up to at least 770.

I hope this explains why I bought there and ignored selling signals on 1 min after that and waited patiently to be filled at my price.

Laurent
Thanks a bunch Richbois and Larry for shedding more light on Taylor's method.
Today is turning about just right too, a SELL day, however as per Taylor, we would not short but only go long on Buy Violation.
Can understand this is may have applied to the situation in 1950 but surely today with the Globex market, if the situation warrants a short can be taken as was the case today right at the open.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

Thanks a bunch Richbois and Larry for shedding more light on Taylor's method.
Today is turning about just right too, a SELL day, however as per Taylor, we would not short but only go long on Buy Violation.
Can understand this is may have applied to the situation in 1950 but surely today with the Globex market, if the situation warrants a short can be taken as was the case today right at the open.



Welcome to the forum Daxtrader

Yes today the situation is much different than in 1950. Today there many more day traders. That is why I feel that having brought TTT to the 21st century, helps us trade in a different way compare to Taylor.

We know the odds of certain events happening on different days of the cycle. Yes on a Sell day a Buy day violation specialy when we get that with a gap down, we should be looking for any excuse to long. Today maybe one of those confusing days I talk about. Main reason is that the rally was mostly done on the Buy day and we opened at the TTT MA projection for a average rally and didnt even fill the tiny gap so far. The markets then declined to correct some of yesterday's rally. Now the question is will we go back up, which would make for the confused day.
Thanks Rich,
On Dax and Eurostoxx, we had shorting opportunity both on the European Open and US open. Also both futures went down after US open to breach the Buy Day Low setting up the ideal BV Long , infact the Dax has risen from 3800 to 3860, Buy Day Low was 3817
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

Thanks Rich,
On Dax and Eurostoxx, we had shorting opportunity both on the European Open and US open. Also both futures went down after US open to breach the Buy Day Low setting up the ideal BV Long , infact the Dax has risen from 3800 to 3860, Buy Day Low was 3817



Yes and just in the DP zone great trade

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Hi All

Today was a perfect example of a Sell (confusing) day, but the markets managed to make a higher high anyway. On ES 2 short trades were possible at the TTT MA levels and with good Fibs or DP

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
signals.

Rich could you explain what the labels on the above chart mean?

TTT MA p
TTT
TTT PH
TTT MA

Thanks, AL
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard