Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

o.k I thought you guys go strictly by TTT rules, yesterday market went up and down nearly 14-15pt, so was wondering if other tools are used to gain entry.
Today would be a Short Sale Day, and since Sell day close was weak, guess market could open weak, hence no short sale.
and there is no buy on SS day either as per Taylor

According to the Pure Taylor Rules you are correct, however as mentioned in the Guide to trading TTT E-Books we do have an exception for going long on a SS day. If we gapdown on the SS day and open below the Buy day low, we have very high odds of atleast getting back to that low at some point during the day.

So this morning we had a perfect set up for that as we opened lower than the BdL on ES and had 83% chance of getting back to 852.25.
We also had a DP signal to help triger a trade.
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

...We also had a DP signal to help triger a trade...

Rich, are you referring to DP signal in MTPredictor? If so, what timeframe (3 min, 5 min,...) do you look to confirm on MTPredictor with what you see on your TTT numbers? Could you please provide a screen shot of such a chart showing this example?

Thanks in advance.
quote:
Originally posted by stocksster

quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

...We also had a DP signal to help triger a trade...

Rich, are you referring to DP signal in MTPredictor? If so, what timeframe (3 min, 5 min,...) do you look to confirm on MTPredictor with what you see on your TTT numbers? Could you please provide a screen shot of such a chart showing this example?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I was in a rush today and didnt have time to take snapshots.

The MTP DP was on both 3 and 5 min. That signal with most filters set to off, is based on the 24hour chart low of 4/23 at 23.30 PST

Also on the 24 hour chart we could see a nice ABC down with C at 127% of A.

I will post snaps in the future

29TH April Wednesday turned out to be a very similar BUY day as 24th April Friday
quote:

29TH April Wednesday turned out to be a very similar BUY day as 24th April Friday

Yes both days had shallow declines which normaly indicates a bullish sentiment.
That bullish sentiment has showed up as a gap up today , ideal place for exiting longs as per Taylor
question is, is it ideal for shorting?
quote:

That bullish sentiment has showed up as a gap up today , ideal place for exiting longs as per Taylor
question is, is it ideal for shorting?

Tuff call on shorts since we have TVGR in effect
looks like a short would have been o.k, wonder if any TTT levels indicated that.
quote:

looks like a short would have been o.k, wonder if any TTT levels indicated that.

24 hours levels were at 880-882 and day session levels were at 888 area.

Normaly this was the time of day that TVGR could reverse by making a double top but I didnt take that trade as there was no divergence on the 5 min chart. Now after the fact I see divergence on the Wave oscillator 3 min chart but I didnt see it back then.
A SS day today, the market did not sell off much before buyers stepped in, some 10pt rise from the bottom, fast rally
According to Taylor there would be no long trade
as per TTT, presume long would be o.k if there was buy violation or is it just the penetraton of Sell day low.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard