Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

The dax was showing signs of rallying this morning, but then went in sync with ES open, sank to 4885 prior to reversal.

Amazing I had 4881.91 as TTT MAv
Markets have rallied strongly off the open on a short sale day,

would not be surprising if projected levels on markets are hit, there has to be the right setup in such strong trend to short.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Markets have rallied strongly off the open on a short sale day,

would not be surprising if projected levels on markets are hit, there has to be the right setup in such strong trend to short.

So far DAX and all US markets have gone right through the projected levels.

So far ES TF and DAX all back to the early January highs
Hi, all
I am from TL, where we had a thread on "Taylor Methodology" but sadly has been hijacked by a chap who has managed to alienate everybody else by insisting that shuffling the B/S/SS cycle is consistent with Taylor and that it only took him an hour to study the book.

Anyway I employ the method adhering to the rules and cycle and also keep a book, though not so detailed as Taylor.
Today have it as SS day also. and on European bourses, the projected highs have been reached.
DAX - 5052
FTSE - 4051
EURO - 2525 (here it has been exceeded 2540)

ESmini - 836, also exceeded
TF - 510 - again exceeded.

Fundamentals advance/declines on NYSE pretty strong at the moment 3000/500.

quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Hi, all
I am from TL, where we had a thread on "Taylor Methodology" but sadly has been hijacked by a chap who has managed to alienate everybody else by insisting that shuffling the B/S/SS cycle is consistent with Taylor and that it only took him an hour to study the book.

Anyway I employ the method adhering to the rules and cycle and also keep a book, though not so detailed as Taylor.
Today have it as SS day also. and on European bourses, the projected highs have been reached.
DAX - 5052
FTSE - 4051

HI Rigel

welcome to this forum

Yes although my numbers are different, all of them have been exceeded also.

On ES and the DAX I have strong resistance here at these levels, which is not based on TTT but on waves. Having said that it is still price action and reaction. DAX took a stab at 5155 near the open and is trying again now.
FTSE reacted well to 4050 projected level and came off some 30pts just after 5p.m here in London, now it will go pretty quite and vol will drop of significantly.

If U.S remains high, we expect a decline tomorrow on a Buy day
quote:

FTSE reacted well to 4050 projected level and came off some 30pts just after 5p.m here in London, now it will go pretty quite and vol will drop of significantly.

If U.S remains high, we expect a decline tomorrow on a Buy day

Yep we either get the decline on SS days which is the perfect Taylor scenario, however if that fails then we should get it on the Buy day.

The only catch to this is how much of a decline will we get considering the bullish momentum
quote:

Hi, all

DAX - 5052
FTSE - 4051

hello rigel

welcome - and, let me say that when i first met rich i was impressed with him because he took the taylor trading technique to the 21th century (the computer age)

all i can say is to have an open mind and to listen to what he has to say and pay strick attention to his price levels

as rich said when he first opened this blog - this is "where we can share ideas and our thoughts on the taylor trading technique'
good luck

ciao
Thks gio
I know from Rich's post both here and at TL that he has a solid grasp of Taylor's method and I am sure his book would be far more detailed and accurate regarding projected levels etc.

I only take averages of around a month or so but employ other tools such as trend channels etc to guide me plus price volume etc.

Today make it as a Buy day, my expected decline was to approx 923 on Emini but prices formed a HB premarket, so that was forecasting a bullish bias
Yesterdays high of 948 has been tested, so will wait and see if it holds or breaks the upward trendline for a short setup.

quote:

Thks gio
I know from Rich's post both here and at TL that he has a solid grasp of Taylor's method and I am sure his book would be far more detailed and accurate regarding projected levels etc.

I only take averages of around a month or so but employ other tools such as trend channels etc to guide me plus price volume etc.

Today make it as a Buy day, my expected decline was to approx 923 on Emini but prices formed a HB premarket, so that was forecasting a bullish bias
Yesterdays high of 948 has been tested, so will wait and see if it holds or breaks the upward trendline for a short setup.

My dat goes back to Jan/2008 so my forecast levels are based on that and I also use a 20 cycle Moving Average
Today's decline levels are similar to yours on the TTT MA = 924 and 913 on regular

Based on the bullish sentiment of late I was also expecting a shallow decline for today and so far that is what we are seeing, but day is not over.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard