Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by mucis

Hi Laurent and ddaytrader!

Great stuff here.

Being naturally curious, how did you guys get started day trading? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks.
Kevin

Hi mucis, I tried daytrading 20 years ago using EW but the softwares were not as advanced as today and data feed were very expensive so it was impossible to make money so I had to stop as I had lost all the money I could afford to loose.

2 years ago I started trading stocks but on a daily basis, I also looked for better software then stockcharts to improve my EW skills as this alone wasn't enough. After a very long research on the web I found everything I needed and started testing my skills with Ninjatrader after 6 month of part time live trading I had to quit my job as I was making more money by daytrading.

This is how I became a daytrader in a few words so you can see that I have more then 20 years of experience as I had never stopped dreaming about becoming a successful daytrader but this was made possible as commission cost are very low, you can now execute trades directly from your chart and have instant fill and all the tools I would have dreamed to have 20 years ago are now reality.
I only took 1 trade so far in ER2 and forgot to raise my profit target so I am now out of the market.

I will post a pic in a few minutes
The ER2 had reached the 62% and the DP (green box) and my stochastic had a double bottom at this new low so chances were good to have some kind of rally from this point.

So I executed the trade and I am now flat as while I was busy taking a pic I forgot to raise my profit target but would have bailed out anyway before the top for sure , oh well next time.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Yesterday was Buy day for Rimm Canada, I missed the very low at 104.50 but got in at 106.90. Just sold at 112.50.

Also Potash Canada is below yesterday's Buy day low at the moment and reached the possible TTT low for Sell day, got in at 154.88. A repeat of last week would be nice.
ES has now made a low lower then yesterday do we may now have a potential rally from that low.

I will post a pic with a potential wave count that I have as we could go a bit lower before the big rally as we have a cluster zone area.
This is what I was talking about, of course the market could climb from here is it is not mandatory that a fifth wave unfold but let's say that the cluster zone that we have a bit lower has good chances of being visited. If we don't go there and climb higher this will show that the market is very strong.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
In Last night’s report I commented that “Tomorrow will be the Sell day, the confusing day. Having rallied from the lows of the day we made most of the average Rally. I would expect a continuation rally and maybe a test of today's highs”.
We tested the Day's high during the overnight session, and failed to take it out. We also had a 57% chance of making a lower low. So far that was barely achieved when we tested yesterday’s lows.
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

In Last night’s report I commented that “Tomorrow will be the Sell day, the confusing day. Having rallied from the lows of the day we made most of the average Rally. I would expect a continuation rally and maybe a test of today's highs”.
We tested the Day's high during the overnight session, and failed to take it out. We also had a 57% chance of making a lower low. So far that was barely achieved when we tested yesterday’s lows.

Rich,

We have a BUY DAY Violation in the ES, shouldn't we now expect a target at the Avg Buy Day Low Violation?

Jim
quote:
Originally posted by jands

quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

Rich,

We have a BUY DAY Violation in the ES, shouldn't we now expect a target at the Avg Buy Day Low Violation?

Jim

Normally yes but so far the violation was very shallow so it is hard to say.
I got a DP buy signal on Esignal 3 Min NQ but no alert....does anyone know if this is normal?

I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard