Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
yes all and all a good SS day
How did you guys trade yesterday's sell day?
Originally posted by Durendal

How did you guys trade yesterday's sell day?

well yesterday gave me 2 small losses and I only have me to blame.

Sell day we get a rally and to make it worst we have TVGR

SO WHAT AM I DOING NOT FOLLOWING MY OWN RULES.

I deserved it.
Thanks Rich for the candid answer. Do you have any simple rules for exploiting TVGR asides of "Do not trade against it"?.
quote from rich 3/1/2009
Yes the pure Taylor would not short as the Sell day is the day to close the long position from the Buy day low. Like you say times have changed and to me when we attempt to penetrate the previous day high and it fails then the bias is to short has they will probably go test the Buy day low.

and TVGR in charge.....
Was crude oil in a sell day too?
Richbois
Currently there is quite a bit of interest in CL.
Since every market is manipulated to some extent, how does this market lend itself to Taylor methodology in your experience.
Do you trade it yourself

Presume tick movement is .01, with 1 tick equivalent to $10
This is getting to be a pain as I dont get notified when there is new posts.

[quote]Thanks Rich for the candid answer. Do you have any simple rules for exploiting TVGR asides of "Do not trade against it"?. [quote]

Well there are rules that I follow about TVGR and they are explained in the Guide to Trading TTT. I know TVGR has nothing to do with TTT but since I use it I did incorporate it in the guide.

I agree with you Aincas we do bend certain TTT rules in today's world but it is still similar. Closing a long or shorting could be considered similar. Main reason is that we are day traders and we dont trade the full cycle as Taylor did. We also can use tighter stops and take profits quicker when trading against the rules. Like i said about Friday I did have losses but they were small because of that. I also trade less contracts when against the rules.

[quote]
Currently there is quite a bit of interest in CL.
Since every market is manipulated to some extent, how does this market lend itself to Taylor methodology in your experience.
Do you trade it yourself

Presume tick movement is .01, with 1 tick equivalent to $10 [quote]

The Ratio of positive 3 day rally is excellent in CL. I havent been trading it in a while but CL does follow TTT pretty well. The emails from my customers that do trade it confirms what I am saying here. Matter of fact a new testimonial was added to the website a few weeks ago about CL.

Tick movement on CL is .01 = $10 but you can also trade the emini contract QM which is $500 per point vs $1000 with a .025 tick.

Durendal today is a SS day.
Originally posted by Richbois

Richbois: Thanks. I had monday (yesterday) as SS day for the SP500 and also for CL.

Your post is dated Tuesday (today) March 09.

I believe we have a day confusion due to asynchronous communications. You are in a time zone and I'm in another. Would you please confirm?
Originally posted by Durendal

Originally posted by Richbois

Richbois: Thanks. I had monday (yesterday) as SS day for the SP500 and also for CL.

Your post is dated Tuesday (today) March 09.

I believe we have a day confusion due to asynchronous communications. You are in a time zone and I'm in another. Would you please confirm?

Tuesday the 9th will be a Buy day for the most index futures and it will be a SS day for CL.

Not every instruments are on the same cycle.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard