Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
I am not a financial advisor by any means, but being retired I have some thoughts on 401Ks. That is not discrectionary money. I hope you didn't read too much into Laurent's report. He is saying that the market has not declared itself yet and was pointing out possibilities. Look at his wkly chart and you will clearly see a red count of (3C) which could be followed by a 4, which would be much more of a brief rise than the B leg he talked about. It is at this point 50/50 on which way we could go, at least short term.
Why not invest just a little of the 401K and add to it when the mkt declares itself, or better yet, maybe miss some of that move on the side of safety? It is your retirement.
I hope nobody blames Laurent if your 401K takes a hit.
quote:
Originally posted by TreeShaker

I am not a financial advisor by any means, but being retired I have some thoughts on 401Ks. That is not discrectionary money. I hope you didn't read too much into Laurent's report. He is saying that the market has not declared itself yet and was pointing out possibilities. Look at his wkly chart and you will clearly see a red count of (3C) which could be followed by a 4, which would be much more of a brief rise than the B leg he talked about. It is at this point 50/50 on which way we could go, at least short term.
Why not invest just a little of the 401K and add to it when the mkt declares itself, or better yet, maybe miss some of that move on the side of safety? It is your retirement.
I hope nobody blames Laurent if your 401K takes a hit.

Thanks for your concern, and that is a valid point. I did however make the decision yesterday prior to Laurent's chart so the decision was made by myself without Laurent's input.

I have avoided alot of the fall, hopefully it just isn't at the halfway point. And I'm not trying to catch the tops and bottoms but just not to take the abuse everyone else has taken (25%). So I think it is time to start bringing some back into the market and I still have a good bit to put in a little later. So we'll see what happens.

Good to see you on the forum Treeshaker,

Good luck,
Rich,
Could you explain why you call Sell Day the confusing day?
quote:
Originally posted by Margie

Rich,
Could you explain why you call Sell Day the confusing day?

Sell day is not always confusing but often. You often get Up and Down crazy moves and today was no exception. Last few days have been on the wild side to say the least and the moves were very exagerated.

On a normal Sell day if we closed near the highs on a buy day and we made the average rally then all we expect is a test of the highs and then some pullback. However we know that we need a positive 3 day rally so the market cant drop to far because we need it to get back up on SS day. So, often the Sell day will just do all that in 1 day make it confusing as to a one direction call.

I hope that was not to confusing
Last night I said I was expecting wide swings but this is getting on the ridiculous side, up 90 points down 50 up 30 down 30
That is a of the reasons I call the Sell day a confusing day.

You all have a nice weekend

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
rich, you said;

sell day = confusion day

and today when all the witches were out , no less

took the day off because of your post

awesome job !

g
Laurent and Rich,

Thank you for the special TTT Report this weekend. I found Laurent's overview and explanation of his approach to Elliot Wave analysis very helpful.

Best Wishes,

ddaytrader
quote:
Originally posted by ddaytrader

Laurent and Rich,

Thank you for the special TTT Report this weekend. I found Laurent's overview and explanation of his approach to Elliot Wave analysis very helpful.

Best Wishes,

ddaytrader

You are welcome ddaytrader, I know I have put a lot of materials in it but by doing so I am hoping that you will have a better understanding of the approach I take when applying EW and TTT together to spot the trend and possible reversals area.

Laurent
Rich, how come the low column is higher than the 1st high column? I don't know what to do with that.
quote:
Originally posted by TreeShaker

Rich, how come the low column is higher than the 1st high column? I don't know what to do with that.

Because of the crazy high volatility of the current cycle it did make for some wild numbers for today

Things should get back to normal on the next cycle

Dont forget that my numbers are based on averages and these last few days were not even close to average
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard