No registration required! (Why?)

Day Trading with TTT and other tools


Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by Robros

I'm having trouble seeing the charts on the forum this morning. The posts just come up with a box saying 'Image Attachment' but I can't open them. Any ideas?

Always like seeing Daxtrader's comments and charts




Just make sure you are logged in as sometimes the system logs you out and this is the reason why you can't see images.
So far it is behaving like a Short Sell Day, over 50pt drop on Dax and Ftse, we only need to aim for a slice of it:)))
We will most likely get another oppportunity once the US opens. As it is going to open low, it could start a rally which could be shorted at previous day high depending on the strength of the run, if the markets do not sell off after that , could then end with a high made last in which case Monday BUY day would offer great short on the open.
Lets see how all this pans out.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

So far it is behaving like a Short Sell Day, over 50pt drop on Dax and Ftse, we only need to aim for a slice of it:)))
We will most likely get another oppportunity once the US opens. As it is going to open low, it could start a rally which could be shorted at previous day high depending on the strength of the run, if the markets do not sell off after that , could then end with a high made last in which case Monday BUY day would offer great short on the open.
Lets see how all this pans out.



Hi daxtrader,

It sounds like you have picked up on Taylor! Great work!!!
quote:

Hi daxtrader,

It sounds like you have picked up on Taylor! Great work!!!



Thks, I am still in the learning process, think Richbois has far more indepth knowledge on the subject.
I just keep reading the chapters in the book over and over. It is by far the hardest book I have come across to grasp the core concepts besides quantum mechanics ofcourse


As you are buying on a sell day and selling on a buy day, counterintuitive, but once you get your head around the rythm or cycle of the market it all falls into place. we could just ignore labelling them as buy, sell and replace them with day 1, 2, 3.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

quote:

Hi daxtrader,

It sounds like you have picked up on Taylor! Great work!!!



Thks, I am still in the learning process, think Richbois has far more indepth knowledge on the subject.
I just keep reading the chapters in the book over and over. It is by far the hardest book I have come across to grasp the core concepts besides quantum mechanics ofcourse


As you are buying on a sell day and selling on a buy day, counterintuitive, but once you get your head around the rythm or cycle of the market it all falls into place. we could just ignore labelling them as buy, sell and replace them with day 1, 2, 3.



One reason I got a grasp of Taylor was the way I look at the numbers I produce. The odds of this or that happening is a better guideline for me. I am a numbers person so for me it is easier to read the numbers than to read Taylor.

But I had to read Taylor many many time to get these numbers going. The biggest problem was to see what is in between the line, and of course understanding his terrible english.
quote:

One reason I got a grasp of Taylor was the way I look at the numbers I produce. The odds of this or that happening is a better guideline for me. I am a numbers person so for me it is easier to read the numbers than to read Taylor.

But I had to read Taylor many many time to get these numbers going. The biggest problem was to see what is in between the line, and of course understanding his terrible english.


Yes you have done a great job with your spreadsheet work and have obviously grasped the core concepts of Taylor to accomplish that.

As for Taylor, he reminds me of a comedy show we had "Morecombe and Wise" very popular on BBC for nearly 20yrs, they always use to have a celebrity on each of their shows and they would make a right fool of them. On one of the shows they brought Andre'Previn, and he would conduct the orchestra and Morecombe would play on the piano one of the famous concerto, ofcourse it was terrible piano play.
Previn steps upto him and says what the hell are you doing, you are playing all the wrong notes.
Morecombe gets up, grabs him by the scruff of his neck, pulls him to his face and says " I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order"


Taylor similarly is using all the right English words but...
Well we did get our second shorting opportunity as TVGR took effect. However on Dax as prior to US open the prices had already dropped nearly 100pts, the decline was more modest,
On ftse it was still around 40pts depending on entry/exit, as I said before we only need a small slice.
Morning folks,
BUY DAY LOW MADE FIRST AFTER A GAP DOWN
Long opportunities, enough points for decent profits.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered


Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

Morning folks,
BUY DAY LOW MADE FIRST AFTER A GAP DOWN
Long opportunities, enough points for decent profits.




I guess TVGR took effect for you too and the low will be made last.
Yes the afternoon session here is always dictated by US,
market internals look pretty bad at the moment, but we may get a bounce later, profit taking, Russell has crept up from its lows
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard