Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

sure wish i wud of sold ttt 844.25 (844.31)

I shorted it at 843. My analysis from the previous night suggested a wave 2 or B high at 844 and I always love it when TTT confirms Elliot wave targets. There was also an MTP major TS4 sell on 3min ES. The trade couldn't have been more obvious if it had punched me in the nose.

I was hoping it'd be a wave 3 but it was only C. The rest of the day has been a mess to try to trade, I'll give you that.
Today was the confusing Sell day. Every one made the projected average rally and tried to make new highs and failed. However they refused to go lower also.

Tomorrow is SS day. Taylor would not be looking to long on SS day and would wait for a test of the Sell day highs to short. The FOMC meeting may be the catalyst that may take us out of this tight range we have been trading in.
quote:
Originally posted by mlomker

quote:

sure wish i wud of sold ttt 844.25 (844.31)

I shorted it at 843. My analysis from the previous night suggested a wave 2 or B high at 844 and I always love it when TTT confirms Elliot wave targets. There was also an MTP major TS4 sell on 3min ES. The trade couldn't have been more obvious if it had punched me in the nose.

I was hoping it'd be a wave 3 but it was only C. The rest of the day has been a mess to try to trade, I'll give you that.

congrats on the trade!

what kind of wave pattern do you have going into tomorrow

maybe you could post a chart if its not too much trouble

quote:

I post my ideas and chart snippets on my blog each day. I'm still a novice with Elliot wave and TTT, so the free posts may or may not be worth the price. ;)

http://mlomker.typepad.com

quote:
Originally posted by mlomker

quote:

I post my ideas and chart snippets on my blog each day. I'm still a novice with Elliot wave and TTT, so the free posts may or may not be worth the price. ;)

http://mlomker.typepad.com

good looking blog

me, im now looking for a short on sell short day in the 858 area

of course, 856 being a sq # and resistance back in jan 16 is a trouble spot

also, that gap from jan 14 might present a prob if we get up that high

we'l see what tomorrow brings

quote:
im now looking for a short on sell short day in the 858 area

Globex is on fire tonight--856.25 right now. That's the number that Prechter said would break their assumption about the current pattern. Of course, they don't count Globex for volume reasons.

I follow a couple different newsletters and they both trade breakouts rather than trying to find tops or bottoms. The stop-outs are less frequent on the breakout trades but perhaps they aren't as profitable.

Richbois,
you mentioned TS2 short on the 7th Jan with TVGR IN EFFECT on a 5min chart ,
that was a SS day,

Today 29th Jan is a BUY DAY, would you say a similar scenario is unfolding .
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Richbois,
you mentioned TS2 short on the 7th Jan with TVGR IN EFFECT on a 5min chart ,
that was a SS day,

Today 29th Jan is a BUY DAY, would you say a similar scenario is unfolding .

Yes the same thing is happening so far.

The reason is we always need to get a decline from the SS day high, either on the SS day or the Buy day. Jan7 did it on SS day and since yesterday had no decline we then got it today.

Today was a Buy day, TVGR took effect and it took all day to reach the projected targets. Overall not a bad day.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

it took all day to reach the projected targets. Overall not a bad day.

Two ticks off. I want a refund! ;)
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard