Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Not quite sure what DP is, could not find any info. on that in Taylor's book. Is it something to do with Elliot.
Although Taylor does not permit longs on SS day, if DP is indicating that a long is in order for intraday purposes then should not that be taken.

Today Buy day, some ideal shorts at high of previous day on Euro markets have shown up.

it just creates a 'box' with fib 1.13 and fib 1.272 from previous swing hi and lo - i.e. an isosceles triangle
thks gio,

ES gapped up, pulling Euro markets up as well, but guess this is 3rd day up hence more shorts would be in order
On a SS day, looking to go short from where?

quote:
Originally posted by jcflaw

On a SS day, looking to go short from where?

That is a tuff one today as we are still below the Buy day low.

So far the previous day session high is offering resistance.

All the other world markets made it back to the Buy day low so I would think the US would at least try, however with the long weekend the markets are not very active.
So, the objective on SS day is to make it back to Buy day low and look to short.

BTW, since you use EW, did you ever try out Advanced Get prior to MTP.
quote:
Originally posted by jcflaw

So, the objective on SS day is to make it back to Buy day low and look to short.

BTW, since you use EW, did you ever try out Advanced Get prior to MTP.

Never did try A Get

The volume is so low that it hard to go up or down today.
Today was a Sell Short day and TTT did it again.

1st chance was not a great R/R but the second drive to the DP Zone was a perfect short and a TS4 to boot.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Rich,
Was somewhat thrown offcourse by Mon. Holiday, did not realise it is still a buy day.
So today we are back to a buy day.
Hence the initial decline is expected.
ES declined and turned around for a long ~ 887 level,
and TF around 480
quote:
Originally posted by simba

Rich,
Was somewhat thrown offcourse by Mon. Holiday, did not realise it is still a buy day.
So today we are back to a buy day.
Hence the initial decline is expected.
ES declined and turned around for a long ~ 887 level,
and TF around 480

yes Monday counted as a trading day since markets were open even for a small part.

the decline had started yesterday and had reached my TTT MA level last night. so this morning they tested back these levels in order to create a decent decline for the day session.

on TF I had 480 and 479.80 as projected numbers close enough I think
The dax was showing signs of rallying this morning, but then went in sync with ES open, sank to 4885 prior to reversal.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard