Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
we hit rich's ttt es high number

good trading rich
These were the comments in last night's report

"Tomorrow is a Buy day. We should expect a Decline from today's highs however with this thin market it may be shallower then planned."

Well day went as planned and even reached the projected highs.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
quote:
Originally posted by Richbois

A very different pattern for the day compared to the last buy day. The projected high stopped the market like a wall, though.
quote:
Originally posted by mlomker

quote:

A very different pattern for the day compared to the last buy day. The projected high stopped the market like a wall, though.

I agree that it was not a normal Buy day since we only had 39% of making a higher high.

However the thin markets between X-Mas and New Year cant be too thrusted. As you noticed we have been a narrow range for over a week now. Also the cycles in Europe are messed up because of their holidays being different and since they trade before the US opens it may be a cause for that too.

Or it is the Christmas rally
Another great day for TTT. I was conservative and exited my longs at 899 instead of 904 but the close proved that to be perfectly fine!

Best wishes to everyone for `09.
Today was a Sell day and it did achieve the projected higher highs just to loose all the gains in the last 15 minutes. That was the confusing part I was saying last night.

I wish you all and your families a HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Hi all

I hope you all had a great Holiday period.

Today was a SS day, TVGR took effect early this morning and pushed prices higher then the projected highs and all the way to the projected high on the Recap MA sheet

Have a great weekend
quote:

Hi all

Today was a SS day, TVGR took effect early this morning and pushed prices higher then the projected highs and all the way to the projected high on the Recap MA sheet

Have a great weekend

what is TVGR?

thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Maria

quote:

Hi all

Have a great weekend

what is TVGR?

thanks

The Trader Vic Gap Rule

"If there is a gap, and it is going to reverse, it will do so 10-15 minutes after the opening 95% of the time. Please believe me on the odds, they are real. If the market continues in the direction of the gap after 10 to 15 minutes, it is a strong sign that the move will continue for the rest of the day, closing in that direction as well. Even if the market reverses after the 10-15 minute period, if it fails to fill the gap, odds are that the market will close in the direction of the gap." Victor Sperandeo, " Trader Vic II: Principles of Professional Speculation, pg. 231
Today was a Buy day and the expected decline was a bit shallower then planned. This normally shows that the market is more bullish.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard