Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Richbois, is it a Sell Day today, Monday 7th Feb 2011
Originally posted by simba

Richbois, is it a Sell Day today, Monday 7th Feb 2011

What did you get on the report ????

or what is your book telling you ??
I formatted my drive and unfortunately have lost my record.
However I have just been following the count on this thread together with the suggestions and guidelines explained on this thread. I am no expert at taylor book keeping. Some of the holiday periods skewed up my record.
Hence the question.
Originally posted by simba

I formatted my drive and unfortunately have lost my record.
However I have just been following the count on this thread together with the suggestions and guidelines explained on this thread. I am no expert at taylor book keeping. Some of the holiday periods skewed up my record.
Hence the question.

your count was correct today is a SS day on some of the products IE: Eminis
Thank You
Simba
There is also an excellent thread on the Trader's Laboratory website with invaluable info. on Taylor methodology provided by both Richbois and WHY?
WHY? is the nickname of the guy who posted there:)))))))))))

Ignore other unnecessary modifications on Taylor.
All the best
Mkts have hit 3 day rally targets and exceeded some for a SS day.

Esmini around 1316
Ftse around 6055
Dax around 7320
and today, b-day, there was room to ralley further and so the dax did and then it declined. so far swallow. So far i know from taylor on this b-days we can decline more and first target should be the low of yesterday.

i/m some supprised by something i read in the book of raschke (street smarts). she write
"The ideal buy day opens on its low and closes on its high. In the morning, a buy day
should find support at the previous day's low. Sometimes it will make a slightly
higher low or a lower low, but this test (i.e., the low made first on the buy day) is
what defines the support level. This then allows us to see our risk point where we
can place a protective stop and to enter a long position."

is that taylor or her modification?
Originally posted by sij

and today, b-day, there was room to ralley further and so the dax did and then it declined. so far swallow. So far i know from taylor on this b-days we can decline more and first target should be the low of yesterday.

i/m some supprised by something i read in the book of raschke (street smarts). she write
"The ideal buy day opens on its low and closes on its high. In the morning, a buy day
should find support at the previous day's low. Sometimes it will make a slightly
higher low or a lower low, but this test (i.e., the low made first on the buy day) is
what defines the support level. This then allows us to see our risk point where we
can place a protective stop and to enter a long position."

is that taylor or her modification?

well it is also Taylor as it depends where we closed on the SS day.

If you close on the high of the SS day we then expect to decline during the Buy day and therefore will not have a Low made 1st as Rashke would like.

Having said that if we go by the perfect TTT scenario Taylor would anticipate to have the decline mostly made on the SS day and therefore have the low made 1st on the Buy day.

As far as I know this has never been a perfect world and we have to adapt and go with the flow.

There is always more then one option for each day and all that depends on the action of the previous day.
Also Sij, I personally like to stick to Taylor's rules and they are there in the book for varying scenarios , ie. what if low is made last on SS day or what if high is made last on SS day etc.
Whereas both G.Angell and Linda Raschke have introduced modifications and will lead to confusion.
Once again together with the book, read the many explanations by WHY? and Richbois at Traders Lab, Taylor thread
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard