Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
Rich,
The Long trade is prior to Lunch here in U.K,
The Second Short is with the US open(day session, 9.30EST) when it is 2.30p.m here in London.
quote:
Originally posted by daxtrader

Rich,
The Long trade is prior to Lunch here in U.K,
The Second Short is with the US open(day session, 9.30EST) when it is 2.30p.m here in London.

Now that I look at my chart of the DAX I see what you mean. The same comment applies as you knew the US would try to get back to the Buy day low. Also you had support from your prior day low.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Yes there are usually 2 opportunities of this type, very similar as posted before for 26th Feb, ofcourse it is not exactly the same.
Today Monday 9th March , BUY DAY as per the count in here,
Great short after markets tests highs(3690) of the last hour rally on Friday which incidentally also was 50% retracement of High to Low of Friday SS day. BTW Dax futures open from 7a.m (U.K time) although trading activity is low and the real vol clicks in at 8a.m with the opening of Dax Cash market.

Prices drop over 80pts below the low of Friday SS DAY, ideal buying opportunity, with the target being 50% retracement of todays High to Low, all before lunch.
Looks like very similar scenario unfolded on Ftse as well with the setups and the fib levels.
quote:

Today Monday 9th March , BUY DAY as per the count in here,
Great short after markets tests highs(3690) of the last hour rally on Friday which incidentally also was 50% retracement of High to Low of Friday SS day. BTW Dax futures open from 7a.m (U.K time) although trading activity is low and the real vol clicks in at 8a.m with the opening of Dax Cash market.

Prices drop over 80pts below the low of Friday SS DAY, ideal buying opportunity, with the target being 50% retracement of todays High to Low, all before lunch.

Nice trades

Looks like you got the same rally as the US did at the open

We had a nice trade right at the open as ES opened at the 61.8 retracement of Friday's last hour rally and the TTT average decline MA was at the same level.

No Description Entered
Well this morning it was not that easy to read on the Dax market. Being a SS day expected decline ie. Buy violation as yesterday closed weak, the decline was shallow as the market gapped up and TVGR took effect. and I believe Rich has stated that TVGR takes precedence over Taylor signals.
Anyway is was somewhat confusing this morning. Will see how it pans out now, with this huge gap up in the US market.
quote:

Well this morning it was not that easy to read on the Dax market. Being a SS day expected decline ie. Buy violation as yesterday closed weak, the decline was shallow as the market gapped up and TVGR took effect. and I believe Rich has stated that TVGR takes precedence over Taylor signals.
Anyway is was somewhat confusing this morning. Will see how it pans out now, with this huge gap up in the US market.

I have today as a Sell day not a SS day.

Therefore as such we were to expect a rally from the Buy day low.

As we can see on the chart the average rally should have taken the DAX to 3760 which it did right from the open. TVGR was in effect and when the US opened we gapped up there too and TVGR took effect also.

We had failed 3 day rallies lately, and that needs to be corrected. One way to do that is to over-extend the rally on a Sell day.

No Description Entered
Thanks Rich, my mistake, it should be SELL day as yesterday was a BUY day.
Strong internals today on US markets, advancing issues on NYSE over 3300, declining -~400.
Looks like it will most likely close strong unless profit taking sets in after the bonds close in the last hour
If the former than tomorrow SS day should present excellent shorting opportunities.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard