Day Trading with TTT and other tools

Welcome to this new thread, where we can share trading ideas and our thoughts on the Taylor Trading Technique.

Anyone with questions on TTT, this is the place.
'Tomorrow will be a Buy day. This momentum could continue lower before the rally begins.'

now come on - what else do you need?

now look at rich's levels - thats where i did battle today

i.e. - wait for the trade to come to you, dont go fighting windmills

good luck

Wednesday, a Sell day, expected a rally today, Esmini, Dax and Ftse all reached their projected highs. Did anybody else find it so. and do you take long on these days, although it would be not be strictly taylor.
quote:
Originally posted by rigel

Wednesday, a Sell day, expected a rally today, Esmini, Dax and Ftse all reached their projected highs. Did anybody else find it so. and do you take long on these days, although it would be not be strictly taylor.

for me FTSE still has a long way to go but DAX is at TTT levels.
ES still has room to go also based on the average rally.

Today being a Sell day we are looking for a rally from the Buy day low. Since most of us are day traders and didnt keep our longs from the Buy day low overnight and there was still plenty of room to go up then yes we should be looking for opportunities to go long.

In the US markets we also have TVGR in effect so the short side is riskier. We also have FOMC at 2pm EST and that could mess up the works.
quote:
In the US markets we also have TVGR in effect so the short side is riskier. We also have FOMC at 2pm EST and that could mess up the works.

Call me a rebel, but I got another perfect setup: major Fib, upper BWT band, top of TTT high zone, and overbought CCI.

quote:
Originally posted by mlomker

quote:

Call me a rebel, but I got another perfect setup: major Fib, upper BWT band, top of TTT high zone, and overbought CCI.

There is nothing wrong being a rebel or taking trades against the grain. We just need to be more carefull.

Trading is like construction work we just need to know what tool to use in which condition. the hammer or the wrench LOL
quote:

quote:

nice job

i got short at 904.75 - took a lil heat at first but it paid off

please dont think im trying to sound like i know it all cuz i dont - but i waited for price to come to me and did battle there

again , good job

quote:
please dont think im trying to sound like i know it all cuz i don't

I'm always curious about how people are actually deciding to 'pull the trigger' based on TTT numbers. Rich provides a great resource with the spreadsheet but in itself it's just a bunch of numbers. Picking an entry, managing the trade and money is where the rubber meets the road.

That's why I post my ideas on my blog (and occasionally here) because I think there really are some 'missing pieces' when you're trying to learn how to trade, which I am.
Have you looked at MT Predictor to supplement TTT
quote:

Have you looked at MT Predictor to supplement TTT

MTP RT is what draws the Fib lines on the last two charts that I've posted. I don't consider it the holy grail.

quote:

quote:
please dont think im trying to sound like i know it all cuz i don't

I'm always curious about how people are actually deciding to 'pull the trigger' based on TTT numbers. Rich provides a great resource with the spreadsheet but in itself it's just a bunch of numbers. Picking an entry, managing the trade and money is where the rubber meets the road.

That's why I post my ideas on my blog (and occasionally here) because I think there really are some 'missing pieces' when you're trying to learn how to trade, which I am.

What would you say if I would tell you I had Fib clusters at 904.75, 906.25 and 905.75 beside the TTT at 906.20 plus stochastic divergence.
I hope all you TTT traders had a good 2014 and I wish you all a better 2015
Richard